Monday, April 11, 2005

Why Do Women Do It?

Why do we put up with so much shit from men? At what point do we draw the line and say enough is enough? We all know that most men are disappointments...not only to us but to themselves as well. Yet we grasp onto them as if they will somehow save us. We are strong and independent creatures yet the love of one man can cause us to wither into veritable nothingness. We create life, damn it! We should be ruling the world! Remember in "Love Actually" where that one guy takes the cards over to that really hot chick that is married to his best friend? And she follows him outside and kisses him? As he walks away from her he is better and he says something like, "Enough is enough."

Well, enough is enough. I don't know what that means exactly. Is it giving up on the inherent hope that we all have of finding true love? Is it finding a new basket in which to place our hope? How does one heal from a broken heart and still have the wherewithal to carry on and find that new love?

Darren Hayes - I Can't Help Falling In Love With You

"Wise men say
Only fools rush in.
But I can't help
Falling in love with you.

Shall I stay?
Would it be a sin?
If I can't help
Falling in love with you.

Like a river flows
Surely to the sea,
Darling so it goes
Some things
They were meant to be.
Go on and take
Go on and take my hand.
Take my whole life too
For I can't help
Falling in love with you.

No I can't help
Falling in love with you."

But seriously, perhaps enough really is enough.

No comments: