Friday, June 10, 2005

It's Weird

The other night I was hanging at Two-Rows with Brigette and Jason and some of their friends. My phone kept ringing because Joss made a post on the Browncoats website about the June 23rd screening and people wanted to make sure that I was aware that tickets would be going on sale sometime after midnight that night. (Oh, and Jack called once.) So anyway, I was sitting there, having really good conversation with the people around me, (except for the time when the guy said that every time you have sex with someone you objectify them...huh??), and I realized that I was starting to feel like me again.

I think a lot of it has to do with hanging out with people that are totally awesome. People that challenge me and help me to think of things in a new way and are always up for some Buffy philosophy. Also the fact that Ohio Dave and Liam called several times just to keep me updated on the Serenity situation...made me feel all loved. :) But more than that, I think it's the fact that these people just accept me for who I am and appreciate the fact that I'm me.

On our Dallas Browncoats site right now we're having this little discussion about Napoleon Dynamite. Ryan said some things that really kind of forced me to seriously think about why I consider it to be one of the BEST EVAR! movies of all time. I think I figured it out. It's because Napoleon goes his whole life feeling really alone and then all of a sudden he finds people that "get" him.

Someone told me recently that although he was not the guy for me, he knew that there would come a point in my life when I would meet somebody that would "get" me. He said he didn't get me and that I baffle him...daily. Well, I don't know if I'll ever find the one guy that "gets" me, but for the first time in my life, I think I've found an entire community that "gets" me.

No comments: