Friday, November 18, 2005

Inara

Anthony heard a rumor that was supposedly said by Tim Minear regarding a part of Inara's story that never got told.

Apparently, she was supposed to be kidnapped by Reaver's and Mal was going to go rescue her but found out somehow that she "has something" that makes every person she sleeps with die. So when Serenity gets to the Reaver ship Inara is found shaking and traumatized and all of the Reaver's are dead. (Anthony tells this story so much better than I ever could.)

Anyway, I'll try to get the link or whatever from Anthony so we can see more details. But I thought it was an interesting take on the Inara story.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's called "AIDS."

Then, how does she keep getting clients?!

Anonymous said...

That could be the vial she grabbed in Firefly - like a last ditch safety thing.

Or maybe the vial is the antidote. But I seriously doubt that she would be a companion if she had something like that.

Plus, the reavers dont just line up to rape people. They eat them at the same time. So I dont see her surviving that.

Besides, thats just way way more fucked up than I think the show/movie would go any time soon.

-rf

SerenitySprings said...

Who is "-rf"? I'm so confused.

Anonymous said...

rf = reaverfood

try to keep up :P

SerenitySprings said...

That's hilarious, Ryan. I sat there thinking, my god these posts sound like Ryan but WHO THE HELL is rf?? I'm such a dork.

Anonymous said...

I believe this is mostly true, although the events are swapped around.

The writer, Tim Minear, wrote an episode of "The Inside" which featured male rape which aired on Fox. He can go to the dark place.