Monday, July 10, 2006

In news from the, "Look! The universe doesn't hate you today!" fairy

I found out a couple of months ago that I miscalculated the length of time I have left to receive the GI Bill from when I was active duty. My money runs out mid-October 2006, which is about 2 years sooner than I expected.

That means I'm going to have to work almost full time and get student loans just to make ends meet and still be able to afford UTD.

However, today I found out that once you start a semester, the GI Bill continues for that entire semester even if your time is up before the end of the semester. That means that I'll get two full months of GI Bill funds after my time to use the money is up! Which means that I will be able to take more hours this semester and will have to work less so it is possible that I might actually be able to graduate about a year from now. w00t!!

Also, I got the "in state/out of state" thing situated and so for this semester, instead of my tuition being almost $10,000, it's just over $5000. My books are estimated somewhere between $1500-2000 but maybe I'll be able to find some of them in the used section of the various bookstores.

This is a good day.

2 comments:

dangermama said...

alright - thats pretty stinkin' awesome!

(sorry, for the no updating today - mondays are busy)

lunchstealer said...

w00t. Gooder and gooder.