Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Moral dilemma

One of the worst restaurants/bars in Richardson has proffered me the following:

We would like to thank you for choosing to drink, dine, and game with us! We know that you have a choice and we appreciate your business. To show our gratitude, we would like to offer you a complimentary party for you and 20 of your friends or co-workers. You will receive our Grand Champion Wings, Chips and Salsa, and Thin Crust Pizza as well as 2 hours of pool...On Us! Just grab your friends and have fun.


I haven't had drinks, dined, or gamed with this place in over a year. Why not? Because they're crap. Almost every drink I order from there has to be sent back, the servers are stupid and slow, and management sucks. Plus, it's in Richardson, which says it all right there.

But come on! Free wings! Free chips and salsa! Free pizza! Free pool! Alas, no free drinks!*

So what to do, what to do. Offer a two hour free food and pool evening to my friends in exchange for my soul, or continue on with my boycott of this hideous establishment?

Stupid Fox & Hound with their stupid emailing list...

*I might've gotten a bit carried away with my exclamation point usage there.

1 comment:

lunchstealer said...

Well, I guess one way to look at it is through the lense of what you're getting, versus what you're losing.

Free chips and salsa? I can get that at a Mexican restaurant.

Free wings? Meh, I see wings and boiled crawdads the same way. Way too much trouble for the food. They're not un-tasty, they're just not any more tasty than other foods that are a damn sight easier to eat. Why fuck around with bones and shells, when you can just eat a pizza?

Which brings us to the free pizza. It isn't clear to me whether this is all-you-can-eat, or we just get a couple of free pizzas and when they're gone, that's it. F&H has decent pizza by bar standards, but it's not great.

Free pool. How many tables of free pool? If it's just one table, at most 4 people can play at once. Maybe 6 games in 2 hours.

Their drinks are expensive, and the service sucks.

This could be worth it, but I think we'd have to plan carefully, and try to go on a day that's not too busy, and maybe has good drink specials. Maybe a sunday afternoon, although we need to make sure there's not much in the way of NFL activity (may not be an issue if we do it early in August.)