Thursday, November 30, 2006

And then there was one

I have gotten about twelve hours of sleep so far this week and I'm am so very tired right now. I was just talking on the phone to David and I almost fell asleep a couple of times.

I've gotten all of my papers written and all of my finals taken except for one. The final final is tomorrow afternoon at 2 p.m. and after that I am free for a whole month.

I think the one thing that has kept me going this week has been the fact that next week I will be able to get an inordinate amount of sleep. I will be able to rent dvds and veg out in front of the tv for days.

This week my diet has consisted of a lot of oatmeal, peanut butter, Mt. Dew, and chocolates. I promise that next week I'll cook real food and maybe even eat some vegetables.

I have smoked more in the last week than I have in probably close to six months so I'm looking forward to letting that go as well. It's funny during finals how many people you see smoking. During the semester I usually only see 3 or 4 people smoking at the designated smoking areas but during this week I've seen 20 to 30 people out there at a time. Even the professors come to the tests reeking of smoke.

This morning only 5 of the 6 students showed up for the Research final. I hope that other girl had a special arrangement and didn't just sleep late. I'll see her tomorrow at my Courts final so I'll ask her about it then. As each of us finished the Research final and walked our tests to the prof, he gave each of us a personal message. As I stepped into the hall I saw the 2 people who had finished before me. The three of us stood there talking and rehashing the semester as we waited for our classmates to finish. When the 5th guy (Grant Grant, as I call him) exited the room, we all gave a collective cry of, "w00t!!" The prof stepped out of the classroom and said, "Um guys, I know this is probably tough for you, but the semester is over now. There are no bars open right now so you should probably all just go home." We all laughed and asked if we could come wait in his office so he could grade our tests. He laughed as he informed us that the T.A. would be grading the tests and seriously, GO HOME. It was very sweet and was a reminder that this semester has been a blast in that class. I'm really going to miss those guys.

One more test. Then my best semester so far at UTD comes to an end. I've done really well this semester - not the 4.0 I was hoping for, but I've learned more in the last 3 1/2 months than I have learned in my entire time in college put together. I'm going to miss the last 3 1/2 months but holy crap am I partying this weekend!

If I'm awake. Which I barely am right now so I must sleep.

No comments: