Monday, May 21, 2007

Too damn stupid for my own good

Yesterday was a very stressful day for us. We had to drive all over everywhere, shop, and spend money. I hate to shop. More than going to the dentist. More than going to the gynecologist. More than having my fingernails ripped out while babysitting fourteen bratty three-year-olds.

By the time we finished our THREE HOURS OF SHOPPING, we were both ready to, if not kill each other, at the very least, kill someone else.

It took hours to wind down after that. We were being snippy with one another and we were just generally grouchy. Around 11:40 p.m. we decided it'd be a great idea to play a round of monkey golf on the Gamecube. And by "round" I mean "all eighteen holes".

Suffice to say, we got to bed pretty late after an extremely taxing day.

Which is probably why I slept late this morning.

As I was making my mad dash out of the house to try and get to work on time, I realized I had forgotten my phone...somewhere. So I ran back in, located it, and headed back out the door.

When I got to work I realized I left my phone in the car so I ran back to the car to find it. It wasn't there. Anywhere. Not on the seat, not on the floor, not anywhere. I don't carry a purse so I knew it had to be there somewhere but it wasn't.

Once at work I went to the Coke machine to get some caffeine because I don't play well with others if I haven't appropriately caffeinated myself. As I was walking, I felt the strangest sensation just below my ribs on the left side of my body. I literally jumped. As I put my hand there to see what in the hell was going on, I felt my phone vibrating.

And then I remembered.

When I left the house (the second time) it was raining and so I tucked the phone into my waistband so it wouldn't get wet.

I might be too damn stupid for my own good.

2 comments:

fictionfiend said...

I blame it on the lack of caffeine.

It's okay--it's not just you.
One day, I lost my water bottle at work. Now, my water bottle is just a Mountain Dew bottle with no label and a small carabiner clip tied onto it, so, if I lost it, it would not be a terrible tragedy. But, I was annoyed by the loss of my carabiner.
I looked all over the theatre. I asked my co-workers. They looked all over the theatre. I checked the trashcans and recycling bins, in case some dumbass had disposed of it. I even looked in my car, in case I had unclipped it from my belt and left it there after getting lunch.
No joy.
The next morning, I opened up my backpack to put my lunch in it.
There was my water bottle.
Just where I had stuck it after our last break.
Sure felt like a retard the next day when I had to explain to my co-workers where I found my water bottle. :/

lunchstealer said...

But, I was annoyed by the loss of my carabiner.

Damn straight. Carabiners are awesome.