Wednesday, May 16, 2007

When in Rome...

Yesterday I started a class on the rise and fall of the Roman Empire. Since this is summer semester the class is only six weeks long. Did the professor take that into account when writing the syllabus? Apparently not. There are two papers, a midterm and a final, and a thirty minute class presentation. When is my presentation? Tomorrow. That's right, two days after class begins I'm getting up in front of 30+ people for thirty minutes to present some Roman guy's life, complete with Powerpoint. And then I get to lead a class discussion on the topic for another thirty minutes to an hour or so.

The class is mostly made up of history and literature majors and there are only two poli-sci folks in the class. It was pretty funny when the prof asked who wanted to go first with the class presentations and me and the other poli sci guy both raised our hands. She laughed and said that only happened when there were poli sci people in the class. Apparently most people don't like to go first.

So tomorrow me and the other guy are giving our presentations. Should be interesting. Hopefully I can figure out how to say the Roman guy's name before then...

No comments: