Thursday, June 14, 2007

Jodi Picoult

I read a lot of Jodi Picoult books. I really can't explain why because it's really something the reader has to figure out personally. All of her books are serious page turners and usually when I pick one up it's hours before I can put it down (or fall asleep with it on my chest!)

I finished one of her books this week called "Plain Truth." It's a story that deals with neonaticide in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania and the Amish teenager that is accused of killing the baby.

This is the only book of hers that left me feeling unsettled at the end. Usually she ties up the plot lines of her stories and there are no questions left to be asked or answered. This was a great book but I felt in contradicted itself and I needed more information regarding the actions of one particular character.

So I did what I always do when I need information from some source that isn't right at hand - I emailed the author.

Less than 24 hours later I received a response from Picoult and she answered my questions and offered me proof from the story that made her response believable. I don't know if her fans email her all the time or not but that quick response that didn't just dismiss my questions and obviously evoked a thoughtful response from her makes me like her even more!

Here are the books I've read by her:

Nineteen Minutes
Plain Truth
Sister's Keeper
Tenth Circle
Perfect Match
Keeping Faith

No comments: