Sunday, August 19, 2007

Apparently the Holocaust wasn't enough

I find it very difficult to believe that the one group who has been persecuted the most throughout history would turn away refugees. We have been receiving less and less information out of Darfur since the government started denying media access. Now we have actual refugees who have survived untold horrors and the fucking Jews are turning them away? Really? Wasn't the first Holocaust enough? We have to sit here and watch this happen again? It makes me sick. The world's refusal to stand against the atrocities being committed right now and especially the Jewish state's refusal to allow the displaced to seek refuge within their borders makes me want to puke. I tell you what, somebody asked me this week who I'm voting for in the next presidential election and I will not vote for any candidate who has not taken a strong, decisive stance against the Sudanese government, and yes, that might mean that I stay home on election day.

No comments: