Sunday, August 01, 2004

I

I’m not quite sure when it started. This silence, this roar. It’s strange, really, because it wasn’t like I woke up one morning and just decided to be all bitter. No, it was much more gradual than that. I remember being the one among us who would always dance and frolic while walking down the street. Yes, even as an adult. I wore big baggy clothes because my body was fit, and it didn’t matter to me. The people who needed to know what my body was like knew it. And very rarely did anyone complain about me not showing it off.

The funny thing is, I always wanted to be aloof and eccentric. I always thought I would make it in the world as someone who could be considered odd.

We are both in this house, yet we are separate. It’s me; it’s him. It’s like we are in different homes. We have our own stuff, we have our own lives. But that’s wrong. It shouldn’t be that way.

No comments: