Thursday, June 30, 2005

Somebody Told Me Something Tonight

Tonight I had a conversation with someone. As we were talking about the future of our relationship I said I felt that it would be a good idea to give things a try again as our previous relationship occurred in an extremely tumultuous time in my life and now it might be time to see if we can make this work.

His response was, "And things aren't fucked up now? That's not an accusation but how much time am I expected to give in order to see if things stop being fucked up?"

Huh. Interesting response. But I think I get it now. I think I understand why it will never work for us. And I think I might be ready to let go.

Thank you, Anthony, for talking me off that proverbial ledge this morning at 3 a.m. And for offering to bring me nuggets.

I love all of my friends but right now I feel tremendous gratitude for those of you who have been through the past few months of my crazy with me. It takes rare and special people (redundant much??) to put up with some of the shit I've doled out and not one of you has abandoned me. Thank you.

Also, a friend and I have started along the road to patching up our relationship. I didn't realize how much I missed him until we talked today and it was very comfy.

As shitty as tonight was, today was still a good day.

No comments: