Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Heretofore Emilie and I Shall Boycott ALL Dennis Quaid Movies

I was at the grocery store earlier and the guy behind me looked JUST LIKE Dennis Quaid. So Emilie and I had this entire conversation about how he looks so much shorter in real life. When I was checking out the check-out guy asked me for my ID for the cigarettes I was trying to buy. He said, "Anyone who looks under 30 has to be carded." I could've kissed him. When he looked at my ID he laughed and wished me a happy birthday.

But the reason Emilie and I aren't going to watch any more Dennis Quaid movies is because Dennis Quaid Look-A-Like didn't say anything about how young I look and how there's NO WAY I could be turning 30 tomorrow!*

All I'm sayin' is that everyone should have a friend like Emilie.

*Don't try to understand the Swirling Vortex of Crazy, simply accept the fact that women are going to exist in it at times.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The extra funny part here is that a friend of mine always volunteers at the Dennis Quaid Celebrity Golf thingy here in Austin, and I was planning on helping this year, but it looks like I will now have to sabotage the whole event, just to get back at Dennis.

...sigh. The things I do for my friends....

Emilie

dangermama said...

ha - you two are great...

Happy Birthday!

Anonymous said...

OK, for the record, I don't look short in real life, I look real in real life.

I probably would have busted with the compliment if you hadn't whispered to the cashier guy that I looked like RANDY Quaid. I love him like a brother, but don't get us confused!

And you know you'll be watching Inner Space again in no time.

-D

Anonymous said...

I swear to god that wasn't me.

-Ryan

SerenitySprings said...

Whatever dude. That response was WAY too reminiscent of a certain response one of my entries received from the Good Lord.