Wednesday, February 15, 2006

The Swirling Vortex of Crazy

According to Emilie, I have entered the SWIRLING VORTEX OF CRAZY and there's not a damn thing I can do except ride it out.

Seriously, I don't know WHAT'S going on. I have cried twice today and freaked out on my mom, Emilie, and David. I guess when I was planning my birthday season it didn't occur to me to keep myself occupied on the eve of my birthday. It never occurred to me that tonight could actually be harder than tomorrow will be.

Thank god I received tons of chocolate for Valentine's Day.

God what I wouldn't do for some of my mother's cooking right now.

Guess I'll have to substitute it with booze. Chocolate and booze. How pathetic am I??

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

's true. You can't even paddle to the side motherfucker.

But I'm here and I love you.

Emilie

Anonymous said...

It will be okay, I swear.
I've been 30 for a while now, and it really isn't that big a deal.
I know--it may seem like a big deal right now.
But I was happy to get out of those angsty "oh-my-god-what-am-I-going-to-be-when-I-grow-up-twenties"
Now I'm in the "bah, who-gives-a-fuck" thirties. Which, still has its drama, but....who gives a fuck.
Age is just a number. It's your attitude and outlook on life that determine how old you are.
Besides, getting older is better than the alternative, right?
And look at what you've accomplished: you have a beautiful son, you're on the road to getting your law degree, and you are surrounded by friends who love you.
So, take a deep breath, eat some chocolate, and enjoy.
It will all be okay.

And, also: print this out and hand it to me in several years when I'm freakin' about turning 40. ;)

Gojiro said...

Emilie totally stole my advice about paddling to the side. Plagiarist.

Anyway, happy birthday. It is after midnight here, so it is officially your birthday. I was going to send you a funny card or something, but life got in the way. Sorry.

Hope your birthday is better than mine is destined to be this year.