Sunday, June 25, 2006

"That ain't Anglish!"

I drove to Oklahoma City yesterday and once arriving, the car started making a horrific Chewbacca-like noise every time I would turn the steering wheel.

I drove to a gas station and popped the hood to try and figure out where the power-steering fluid would go. I was on the outskirts of town and several men (who can only be described as classic redneck) crowded around to see if they could help. The first man began poking around a little bit and said, "Way-ell, that shore ain't Anglish!" My response was something like, "Nope. German."

The guy with the t-shirt that said, "Gen-U-Wine Asshole - just add alcohol," was probably the most helpful. He figured out where the reservoir for the power-steering fluid was and told me what exactly to buy.

No comments: