Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Why my boyfriend rocks

As was aforementioned, I really want to go to Porcupine Tree but there's just no possible way to fit it into my budget or my school schedule. So what if Sandy's going, I'm not jealous at all. Fine. I accepted that as quickly as I could and I moved on.

To Austin City Limits. For approximately 24 glorious hours I really thought I would be able to go. I got David excited and everything was beautiful. Then we started talking about the actual finances that would be required and I made the decision that I could not justify the expense when I have more important things that need my monetary attention (like travel during the holidays and a possible trip to Ireland next fall.) Okay fine. I can be the loser responsible adult who actually thinks before acting. I don't like that but I can do it. I am, after all, thirty now. So I accepted that as quickly as I was able with a minimal amount of whining (at least, according to me) and I moved on.

To the Nickel Creek website. David had the marvelous idea that HEY, Nickel Creek is bluegrass...there's no way they won't be in the DFW area at some point in the future! Since they were the main band I wanted to see at ACL (excluding Massive Attack, of course) we decided to check, and lo and behold, they'll be at the Gypsy Tea Room on September 13th!

David immediately purchased our tickets and that is why my boyfriend rocks. He is willing to go to a bluegrass concert with me simply because I was so disappointed at not being able to go to two concerts that I really wanted to go to. He is a good man.

3 comments:

UnrulyDuckling said...

I didn't know that you like blue grass! I do too, but not so much that I can think of any bands other than Alison Krauss and Union Station. You're just a musical melange, aren't you? With the Newsboys and the Weezer and the blue grass.

dangermama said...

awww - thats sweet... and its cool that you like bluegrass too

SerenitySprings said...

LOL...yes, I do enjoy many different types of music.

Anyone is welcome to come to the Nickel Creek concert with us. There's a link to the Gypsy Tea Room in my blog entry and from there you can purchase tickets online.