Monday, October 02, 2006

Work, Part II

It's official: the office is closing on October 15th. Our hours have changed so I will only work about 5 hours for each of the next two weeks and then I'll get a small severance package after that (four weeks of pay based on the average number of hours I worked per week from July 1 - September 30.)

They offered us jobs at the other office but I did not accept it because it's pretty far from where I live and it really isn't worth it to me to drive that far for a 10-12 hour a week job. Surely I'll be able to find something similar closer to home.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Loserism runs rampant.

Anonymous said...

^ was dave, btw

SerenitySprings said...

Yeah, well, at least they didn't just fire us which is what we were concerned about and they're being cool enough to pay us for a few extra weeks. And now we'll get to do yoga on Fridays. :) My last day is next Friday - we'll have to go celebrate.