Thursday, January 18, 2007

It's too early in the semester for me to be this retarded

This morning at 8:30 I went to class, much like I do every Tuesday and Thursday, too damn early in the day. I got there right at 8:30 a.m. so I sat in the back row to keep from disturbing everyone else. (I usually sit in the front row.) The professor lectured for about ten minutes then she looked up, clearly surprised to see me in the back row.

She said, "Holly, there you are in the back. Can you please give the class some examples of why blah blah blah blah blah*."

I looked at her and said, "Um, I really don't know."

Again with a look of surprise on her face she said, "Oh really? Because blah blah blah blah, blah blah blah."

I responded with, "Oh! That's because blah blah blah."

She looked at me oddly and then rephrased what I said for the rest of the class.

It was at that moment that I looked at my clock and realized that it was 8:42 a.m. and I might've just broken some sort of record. It literally took me twelve minutes from the start of class to remember what class I was currently in. The answer I gave to her question belonged in the class I had with her last semester (Global Courts), not the 8:30 a.m. class I have with her this semester (U.S. Supreme Court.) Her question was generic enough to apply to any court system but because I failed to turn my brain on this morning, I not only looked like an ass in class but I also got one of the best laughs I've had in awhile.

Good times.

* She was asking about actual concepts but the subject matter is so boring I won't go into everything that was discussed.

No comments: