Friday, February 23, 2007

What is wrong with people?

Today I am choosing to not read any more news regarding the sentence of 100 years in prison of an American soldier convicted of raping a 14-year-old Iraqi girl and murdering her family. I've followed that story since it made the news and I've now seen two of the perpetrators get prison sentences and there are two more waiting to be tried. So even though that story is dominating every single news source I check in the morning, I'm not reading any of those stories today. Yesterday I got so pissed off that I wanted to throw something and therefore, today I'm just letting it go.

Which, of course, brings me to my next source of irritation.

Quite frankly, I don't understand what's going on here. How is it possible that these executives can be this damn idiotic? Seriously, you're going to hire illegals and then keep the taxes that you withheld from their pay? Did it not occur to them that they would be caught stealing the taxes and that over 200 lives would end up being destroyed because of their greed? Everybody that worked for them, presumably to make a better life for themselves and their families, will end up being deported. Did the assholes that hired them not think of that?

I don't understand that greed, first of all, and secondly, I don't understand the heartlessness that is required in order to do something like that.

You know what? I might not read any more news today.

No comments: