Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Something's really wrong

I can't drive anymore. I've had 3 minor wrecks in the last few days. No one was hurt but there was damage to my car and I managed to somehow put silver dollar sized hole in one of my tires.

Not only that, but now I'm having blurry vision. In order to read I have to close one eye and the font has to be really big.

I think I mentioned before about falling into the metal shelf and busting my head open. Well, I had fallen at home pretty painfully before that and this morning while getting into the shower I fell and busted my foot, ankle, shin, and arm. Needless to say, I didn't go to work today ... AGAIN.

Other symptoms include extreme fatigue constantly, no matter how much sleep I get. I also can't drink enough to satisfy my thirst. My mouth feels so dry I feel like I'm dying. And it's hard to swallow. Sometimes when I start to swallow it's like my tongue stops working and I have to close my eyes and mentally remind myself how my tongue needs to be involved in this extremely important process. Is it just me or does it seem really wrong to have to try and remember how to swallow?

I have to use a cane when I walk outside the house because my balance is so bad that I could literally fall over at any moment. It's like my equilibrium is off or something.

I have zero ability to concentrate and I can't hold a thought for more than a few seconds. The other night I asked David a question and I remembered asking him about 30 seconds later but I could not for the life of me remember what the question was.

Added to all of this is the fact that I'm very weak. My muscles don't respond appropriately when I need them to and my joints hurt like you wouldn't believe.

Oh, and I have this general malaise going on that I can't snap out of.

I can't really think of anything else that's wrong but that's probably just my brain being retarded again.

My personal and extremely unprofessional diagnose is either that I had a stroke or that I'm having a relapse of Lupus, or a-typical mono. Whatever it is, David's driving me to my doctor at 8:30 tomorrow morning to have some tests run. Damn it, I guess that means I'm going to have to shave my legs.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A co-worker's 35 yo son had extreme balance issues and got to the point where he couldn't work or drive. They were worried that he might have a brain tumor, or a stroke of some kind, but it ended up (after several weeks and many expensive tests) that he had an infection in his inner-ear that was cleared up in a few days with a strong (targeted) antibiotic. Hopefully that's all you have!

UnrulyDuckling said...

Poor Holly! Let us know soon what the doctor said.