Thursday, February 07, 2008

Health Update

I have no idea what I've already told you so I'll just give the current status of my screwed-up-edness.

I emailed a list of my symptoms to David yesterday so that he could call the doctor because I just didn't have the energy or mental wherewithal to deal with some idiot nurse. Well, because my doctor's office is so busy it can take a week or more to get an appointment. One time I even had to go to Prima Care in the interim just to get some damn antibiotics for my death of a cold.

Anyway, David called and gave all the symptoms and she said I needed to be seen as soon as possible and how's tomorrow morning at 8:30? Okay then. Here we go.

So, to make a really long story short, the good news is that I've got something seriously wrong with me. Ding ding ding! No shit. The bad news is it could be a Lupus relapse, MS, or something as benign as a very bad inner ear infection. Hopefully it's not MS because I'm already having to use a cane to walk without falling and it SUCKS. Lupus would suck because I'd have to go back on chemo and boy, let me tell you, that was no picnic (unless you count that one time that David and I were accosted by feral squirrels, which is a story for another time obviously.) So I'm rooting for the inner ear thing.

I have no idea how an infection in your inner ear can cause you to fall, black out, trip, have 3 wrecks in 2 weeks, bowel issues (which I will spare you the details of), the headache (which could also be from the minor concussion I suffered after falling backwards into a metal shelf in a HOT TOPIC of all places), blood clots in my hands, weak muscles, painful joints, bloody noses, etc., etc., etc., and can do it all with NO INNER EAR PAIN. What the hell is that about.

So today they took a lot of blood and mixed it with this really cool stuff that does something to separate the red blood cells from the rest of the blood stuff to tell if the stuff is wrong with the something or whatever. I really only asked her what she was doing so she wouldn't look so nervous about sticking me with a needle and once she started talking I just sort of ignored her.

I have no idea what's going on with me. But I do get two more weeks on bed rest so I don't have to work or go to school, although I will have to drop out of this semester of school, but who cares? I get to lay in bed for 2 weeks with a doctor's note to prove that I'm really really sick! w00t!!

Oh, and I also get to see a neurologist next. Good times.

Although, according to the Fiend, perhaps I should call up Tom Cruise to see if my inner thetans are out alignment or something.

No comments: