Thursday, March 20, 2008

Jack's Health & Cleverness

Today Jack was diagnosed with scoliosis. The doctor thinks physical therapy will be able to get everything back into its proper place so the prognosis looks really good.

As she was examining him she asked me how I was doing and I told her about last week's spinal tap to which Jack replied, "Yeah, her unnecessary spinal tap." It was hilarious.

As we were walking down the hallway to get Jack's x-rays, he informed me that he believes he's psychic and has dreams that predicts the future. David and I have explained to him many times the concept of deja vu and how the mind can play tricks on you but he still insists he's psychic. Fine whatever. People like what they like. I told him he can believe whatever he wants to believe because everyone believes in something. Well, he said, "David doesn't believe in anything." To which I replied that, "Well, David's a scientist. He believes in science." At which point my son informed me that none of that matters because science in not reality.

But the best comment he made today was when he asked me if scoliosis is generic. It's amazing how funny your kid can be at one moment and then not two minutes later you're wondering just how much jail time you'd get if you forced him to ride in the trunk for the rest of the trip home.

1 comment:

fictionfiend said...

I was just going to ask if Jack had to get an unnecessary spinal tap today. :P

And, yes, you have spawned a little freak. Did you see the drawings we did Monday?!